Install and Create:
AV Linux is a free shared downloadable and installable snapshot ISO image based on Debian/GNU Linux pre-configured to be a turnkey AV content creation system pre-configured and ready to “Install and Create”.
- Originates from 32bit and 64bit snapshots of the Debian Stable Distribution.
- Custom Realtime Preempt Kernel for optimal low-latency Audio potential.
- CPU governed for performance by default.
- Extra tweaks for performance, meets all criteria of the included Realtime Configuration Quick Scan.
- Some special custom packaging not found in default Repositories.
- Fast and Light XFCE4 Desktop Environment with attractive customizations.
- falkTX’s KXStudio Repositories for up to date Audio Applications.
- Extensive Audio/Video and Administrator-friendly Custom Actions.
- Seamless JACK Audio/MIDI environment with PulseAudio Integration.
- Robust Environment for developers: Compilers, GIT, SVN, BZR, tools and development libs.
- Mozilla builds of Firefox and Thunderbird.
Read All About It:
Before downloading AV Linux it is essential to read it’s User Manual, Most FAQ’s and many specific operational details including Installation are covered in it’s 130 illustrated pages. The User Manual is also included within AV Linux and can be found in the ‘Accessories’ Menu.
AV Linux uses Systemback as an installation method and therefore inherits it’s limitations, at the current time UEFI boot is only possible with 64bit and may not work with all UEFI computers.
Be aware the AV Linux LiveISO will also automatically mount hard drive partitions for Read/Write Access, this is NOT malicious in nature it is simply a convenience feature to facilitate accessing media files to demo with the Audio/Video Applications, a side benefit is it also makes AV Linux a very useful tool for data rescue. After evaluating the AV Linux LiveISO you may want to check and reset the permissions of your hard drive partitions if you do not proceed with an install.
Distribution of the AV Linux ISO files would not be possible without the generous assistance of the following people: Anahata, James Lawrie and Jeremy Jongepier.
MD5 and SHA256 sums (to verify Downloads):
ISO Login Username and Passwords:
64bit: Username: isotester Password: avl64 Root Password: avl64admin
32bit: Username: isotester Password: avl32 Root Password: avl32admin
*It is important to note that AV Linux is not a commercial product and is maintained simply out of the love of doing it, as a spare time project it comes with absolutely no guarantees to see consistent or future development or to be anything other than what is described here.