After several months of behind the scenes work two ISO’s of a brand new project “AV Linux MX Edition” have been released! With 32bit XFCE4/Openbox and 64bit XFCE4 versions this new project is based on MX Linux 19.3 ‘Patito Feo’. The MX development team is aware of this project and have kindly provided assistance and a warm welcome but it is important to note that this project is an unofficial Respin and at the current time not under the umbrella of the antiX/MX projects. MX is the new home base of AV Linux and I’m very excited about combining the phenomenal tools and utilities of MX with the well-known Content Creation focus that has defined AV Linux since 2008. Users of the current Debian Buster based AV Linux can continue to enjoy repository updates and work with AV Linux as long as they are comfortable but all future development will be going into the AV Linux MX Edition (AVL-MXE) version from now on. I’m only one little fella in a great big world and there are never enough hours in the day!
Highlights of this Release:
- Kernel 5.9.1-rt19 (32bit) and Kernel 5.9.1-rt20 (64bit).
- These kernels include the Bluetooth stack security fix.
- XFCE4 with Openbox in the 32bit version.
- Full XFCE4 Desktop in the 64bit version.
- Greatly expanded AVL-MXE Assistant
- New custom “Diehard” and “Earth” Themes.
- Updated AVL-MXE User Manual.
- Ardour 6.5 DAW (full version) with new VST3 support!
- Harrison Mixbus 6.2.26 DAW (demo version) with new VST3 support!
- Harrison AVA Plugin Demos *may not work with all openGL setups.
- Reaper (demo version) makes it’s native Linux debut on AVL-MXE!
- Hundreds of included top-shelf FLOSS Audio plugins… too many to list!
- Odin2 and Surge synths join the list!
- Demo Audio plugin versions (including VST3 versions!)
- Demos: ACM, Audio Assault, Auburn Sounds, Cut Through, OverTone
- One-click removal of all Demoware.
- Full Wine-staging setup with LinVst 3.1.5 files pre-configured.
- Video Editor heaven with Avidemux, Cin, Kdenlive and Olive!
- Graphics heaven with Blender, GIMP, Inkscape and Shotwell!
- 10000 things I forgot to mention… Just boot it and see for yourself!
An in-depth overview Release Video:
*IMPORTANT! – Username and Password are ‘demo’ Root Password is ‘root’. The 32bit version of AVL-MXE uses the SliM Login Manager and requires Manual login. The 64bit version will Auto login and uses lightDM. The full RT Preempt Kernel in AVL-MXE doesn’t not work well with recent versions of Virtualbox, it is discouraged to use AVL-MXE virtualized!
Visit the AVL-MXE webpage for more info and Download Mirrors… AVL-MXE takes a tremendous amount of time to put together, test, document and maintain. You are getting a completely operational Workstation for free but my hosting is not free. Please consider visiting the PayPal button on the AVL-MXE webpage or make a donation to MX Linux in support of their great work!
OK, get it here!